Sunday 10 May 2015

Kings of Convenience Concert

"If when the music ended, you did not retreat. 
In my imagination, you are cast in gold, your image is a compensation for me to hold" 
Parallel Lines, Kings of Convenience


I can not remember when is the first time I heard their music. but since then, I'm in love with their music completely. The wonderful in sync voices, the music from their guitar, the beautiful music that flows, I fell for them. Instantly. 
So one day I put in my bucket list, I want to see them playing live. 
***

It was a Tuesday night. I was in my bed, about to sleep, when I check on my facebook, and the kings of convenience announced a tour, that the ticket will be sold in the next two days at exactly 10 am. I was completely surprised since they announced that they will be coming to London. I was so excited.
The next Thursday I stay on the computer and queueing since 9.30, hoping that I would get the ticket.
And I got it.

As I imagined, this concert will be packed with people and I don't want to watch the concert from behind the crowd. I want to sit in front of the stage. And thanks god I managed it. The concert was amazing, It was surreal. I can still feel the gushing until now.

The jam-packed hall, full with people but the atmosphere was very nice, dim lights, and pink curtains. I sit comfortably. waiting for the duo to come up on stage. 

The first song, I was stunned. I can't say any words. Their music is beyond beautiful. And I was there. Very close to the stage. I almost cried. I know all the words. I sing all along. Humming, almost whispering, because I'm shivering. After all these years, they are still amazed me, even though sometimes I get bored by their songs because I keep repeating haha. 
They are such a great pairs. It is amazing to see the chemistry between them, they are inseparable. They are completely blow my mind. Eirik always looks at Erlend, Erlend always smiling to him. Eirik always plays in such deep emotions, while Erlend always looks so calm and content.
They are a completely different person, and I guess that what makes them so unique.

I had the best night.  It was beyond my expectation. It was beautiful and surreal.
I love you, Kings of Convenience, I love you more than The Smiths. 


Stunning Performance




With Erlend, my face says it all




No comments:

Post a Comment